We love working in the flower industry and want to help others break into this exciting, social and creative industry. Which is why we're looking to work with London-based diversity projects and access schemes to organisations to offer work opportunities to young people with a flair for flowers, whatever their background.
Petal to the Metal is committed to protecting the planet and natural world that we love. We are determined to take responsibility for our environmental impact, this is why we're implementing the following promises:
- We always work with suppliers to support local growers and businesses when we can.
- We commit to sourcing a third of our flowers and foliage from UK in 2021.
- We will stop using non-biodegradable floral foam by the end of 2021.
- We continue using our current (low-emission) diesel vehicle and introduce a plug-in hybrid vehicle in 2021.
- All green waste, plastics, cardboard and packaging will be recycled whenever possible.
- We continue to work to reduce unnecessary waste from packaging of our products and always use recyclable materials where possible.
- Leftover flowers will be given either to a local hospice or to Floral Angels to repurpose flowers and deliver to local nursing homes and welfare centres.
We would love to hear your feedback and any ideas on how we can improve our sustainability and environmental credentials.